
Brittany Padgett
Jessica, Carmon, Christie, and Rebecca all gathered ten minutes before class was about to start. Carmon was kind of nervous about what John had done this weekend so she didn’t really say too much. As usual, Jessica began the conversation,
“So what did you guys do this weekend?”
Christie exploded, “I went parasailing!!!”
Rebecca chimed in, “Just chilled around the house.”
Jessica replied, “Yeah I had to stay home and clean up the house.” Looking at
Carmon, she said, “What did you do?”
“Oh nothing,” Carmon answered.
Rebecca said, “I heard about the crazy party Brandon threw Saturday night.”
“Yeah, didn’t John go,” Jessica said mockingly.
Carmon looked like she was going to throw up; she was so embarrassed! Carmon knew that she and John were in a fight because he went and she didn’t, especially since she wanted to hang out and John didn’t. However, she wasn’t sure if they had heard what John did.
“Yeah…he did.” Carmon finally answered, “But I wasn’t there.”
“Oh, well you didn’t have to go to see what they did.” Jessica said with a smirk.
“Haha, yeah. I saw the pictures on Brandon’s Myspace last night,” Christie remarked.
Carmon was trying to figure out if she should just come out and tell what he was doing. Maybe she could turn it into a joke? If she laughed about what had happened, then it would kill Jessica to know that it didn’t bother her. Seeing as she was always trying to cause trouble between she and John just because they dated in the 6th grade, and he dumped her for Shela.
“So did I. He had like five pages of pictures uploaded on Myspace, plenty of him and John,” Rebecca laughed.
“I saw a picture of him on the Internet. Pretty scary,” Jessica shook her head in disgust.
That was it. Carmon had taken enough of her sarcasm. With a smile on her face, she pulled the picture she printed last night from her book bag. She brought it to show John, so she could talk about what he did. Instead, she decided whip out that photo and place it right in the clear sleeve of her binder to show off her baby in a tutu with hair bows in his hair and high heels on.
As she did this, she said, “Well think what you want. I think he looks pretty darn cute in a tutu!”
As she said this, Jessica’s facial expression showed that she wanted to go and hide in a corner like she had just been called a nerd or something. Everyone else just laughed and carried on as usual. Carmon realized that what he had done was not the best decision, but for what it was worth, she got to set Jessica straight and put her in her place. Jessica, Rebecca, and Christie all returned to their seats as class started.

No comments:
Post a Comment