Pages


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I am Me

Lindsay Byard

For so long, I was hurt and teased.
I did all I could to make you happy,
But you still were not pleased,
And so I continue to ask, "Why me?"

I am forever changed.

You try to tell me who to be
How to dress and how to act,
But now I hope you'll finally see
That I will no longer take that.

I already am who I'm supposed to be.

You tell me I'm not good enough
And I will never fit in.
I say I am good enough,
And being different isn't a sin.

I am perfect the way I am.

You tell me I'm not pretty
Or popular, or smart,
But I'll tell this whole city
I'm beautiful at heart.

I am special.

You say I'm good at nothing,
And I can't do anything right,
I say I'm good at many things,
And I'm not here to start a fight.

I am determined.

Sure. You can try to change me.
Please, go ahead and try,
But that's not going to phase me
Because the only opinion that really matters, is mine.

I am me.

No comments:

Post a Comment