Chante Gore
Pushing, blaring, and tugging with all your might.
You finally had me; you said "it was a painful fight!"
The doctor tenderly handed me to you.
From the moment you held me, I knew your love was true.
My eyes finally opened for the first time.
I looked at you; I could not be happier this angel was mine.
We reached home with all three of my brothers,
Quickly turning into my overprotective mothers.
Every night, you patted me to sleep.
Watching me all through the night, I felt so safe I did not make a "peep".
From a youth to an outgoing teenager.
Our relationship became stranger.
Constantly getting agitated at you for foolish reasons,
You still were my superlative angel; you still kept pleasing.
Appreciating you was never on my mind,
Putting all my angel’s emotions behind.
Then finally one day I disdained you.
Everything you told me long ago was true.
My mistake turned into a lesson learned.
Your ire pulverized through our house roof, but of course, my angel was still concerned.
Our disputes became unbearable.
My heartfelt lacerated and terrible.
Even though I felt that way,
I still argued with my angel day after day.
I told myself to change.
It wounded me thought of the being estranged.
We talk about our differences and our relationship had ascended like a steep mountain,
With such cherished memories cascading just as a fountain.
Painting our nails, having late night talks, and watching movies,
We spending time truly moved me.
I realized my angel was my confidant. Every time I was in a battle, my angel would be right behind me like a shadow.
My angel was there for me all along, but I was blind to see it, It took me so long.
My love for my angel continued to bury me with smiles filled bliss.
When I did not feel love you always pecked me with a loving kiss.
My angel you taught me to be thankful for what I comprise.
No materialistic items, you are my prize.
One day you might leave me my angel and I would not bare if you were gone;
Especially, if I treated you this wrong.
Our Father from above gave me to you for Fate will only know,
How he made you for me to help me blossom and grow.
Now. I know I should always appreciate everything you do, even if I want to decline.
As I still look at you, I could not be happier this angel was mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment