
Nick Mari
She brought me into the world and never left my side.
She was there for me when I wanted to run and hide.
I was a problem in school and mess up to everyone,
But in the eyes of my mother, I was just having fun.
She loved our family and did everything to keep it,
But my dad did not care; he would just "smack," give her another hit.
He showed how much he cared, which was him never trying.
Except for when he would drink, then he would be lying.
They would argue and fight throughout the entire night.
I do not know who he is, or why my mom liked him,
Bus she said he helped make me who I am.
She was the most uplifting person I ever knew.
Her attitude would just move you.
It did not matter what you did or hurled,
You could never make her lose it.
I was probably the worst kid in the world,
But she said she would never quit.
No matter what happened through the year
She would still show her cheer.
But as the years went by,
I felt a piece of her die.
Each day I would ask her how she was feeling.
How did I know that her insides were reeling?
She would put on a happy face
And say she was good.
She wanted me to remember my place
And be strong, and know where I stood.
She was like a favorite song I could hear all day long.
I can remember her long black hair
It was so beautiful you could not help but stare.
She was the queen of the house
And her inner flame could not be doused.
But on one faithful day back in December,
A shock went through me, which I remember.
She was very sick, yet she acted fine.
I heard the clock tick, and I saw the sign.
I ignored them all I knew she would keep fighting.
Until one day, I saw the writing.
They pulled me out of class and told me the news.
I could not understand them I was so confused.
But on January fourth she passed on.
A shot in the heart lost without a mom,
But two years I found out why.
God told me the reason she died.
It was as she said she wanted me to grow stronger
And through this realization I was sad no longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment