Pages


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Love is Freedom


Jarrett Callahan

The trees block the sun-rays from your eyes
as you tell me good-bye.
And because you’re speechless ,
I know it’s over by the frown upon your face.

Suddenly, there’s a bang.
My heart has just been shot out of my chest,
And I stumble to the ground
Without a fathom of what went wrong.

Now, I lie there heartless,
Crying for the world to end,
Wondering why she’s gone.
I pick myself up and walk inside,
Crying with blood shot eyes.

I stumble to my room,
Remembering just two nights before.
You said those three little words
That everyone adores.

Now, I lie in bed.
Feeling so lifeless and dead,
And memories are all I have left
To remind me of you.

But the memory that hurts the most
Is the memory we first had
Walking together to your car,
But before we made it there, I stopped.

I looked you straight in the eyes
And didn’t say a word,
And you knew what I was thinking.

You slowly leaned in, as I did.
And from the moment our lips touched,
You were my addiction.

A drug that I could not escape.
I was hooked,
Hooked like a seven year old kid
Hooked on sweet-tarts.

I realized you broke my heart,
And I tried to efface the memories,
But nothing works
Because everything I do, reminds me of you.

I called you to have just one word,
But when I spoke,
I spoke in an outlandish voice,
And realized I had only one choice.

To give up on her
Because she’s not coming back.
So I lost hope,
But the only thing that matters to me
Is that she’s happy
Because when you love someone,
Eventually you have to set them free.

No comments:

Post a Comment