Stashia Fore
Mrs. Atkinson
English 101
February 10, 2010
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Inspired, which is past tense for inspiration, means that someone or something has influenced you and has given you confidence to do something outstanding. When thinking of my life, I am closer and closer to growing up into a beautiful young lady, I would say that out of the many people that inspired me along the way, you, my grandparents have inspired me the most. You are the reason that I wake up everyday, go to school, and try extremely hard at everything that I do. The reason I say this is because you all have worked extremely hard so that your children and grandchildren could have all of their necessities and some of their wants. Also, education is really important to you, and I know that there is no joking when it comes to that subject. Finally, you taught me religion and family time are key to making you a better person; also, treating people the way you want to be treated is another important lesson you taught me.
According to the myriad of stories that I hear from you all each and everyday, I can tell that when you were growing up, both of you worked from sun up to sun down. Both of you would have to do hard man’s labor, whether that was plowing the field with a mule or going into a garden to pick vegetables so that you and your families could eat. When you are talking, and you all tell me “Stash, you don’t know what it is to work. You have it easy, so quit complaining,” and I simply reply, “Ummm, yeah, I know”. My answer may seem as if what you said went into one ear and out of the other, but it has not I think each and everyday how you have inspired me to try hard and at the things I do. You have given me the inspiration to know that if I want something, I have to go out and get what I want. Things are not just going to fall into my lap. From both of you, I have seen the results. When you do your best, I want to do mine.
Not only has your hard work inspired me, but your constructive criticism has also inspired me to get a good education. During the time period when you all were growing up, I know that education for blacks was not as good as whites before the integration of schools. Both of you had to work harder because you were the few out of your family to actually to have the opportunity to go to school and get an education. You went to college and found jobs in the school systems; as a result, you never let me forget that education is key to having success, and the more knowledge you gain, the more successful you can be. This always bounces in my brain as I am in school. Today, you can really see the accomplishments and the success that you all have. Knowing this, I am inspired. Since I was a little girl, you all would tell me “Stash, you need a job that’s going to have a real pay check so you can provide for and help your family.” This has inspired me to be independent as much as possible. I want a good job which pays well so that I can have an outstanding pay check. With an education, I can have my own money an own things.
You all have given me the inspiration to become closer to God and to try to better myself as a whole. At one point in my life, I wasn’t sure if religion was right for me. But being around you all and hearing and seeing the spread of the gospel; This has made me realize that you all have been blessed, and if I can repent my sins I can receive that blessing too. You all have helped me find God; this inspired me to carry myself in a totally different way. I have been inspired to read my Bible everyday and gain messages in each verse. Thanks to you all, I think before I speak. My actions and the way I react to things or people have changed too; this is making me become a better person. To you, my grandparents, you all think that not only is religion a key point in making me a better person but family time is also. Grandma, you make sure that dinner is on the table when I get home. Also, you all wait until my twin and I get in to eat. Grandparents, you never let me forget that you all are there to listen to me. You all are a constant reminder that family comes first and that we should be there for each other. You also make sure I know that you should treat people the way that you want to be treated. You tell me this because I do not know who I will need in this world and that people never forget things that are said or done to them.
Inspired, which is past tent for inspiration, means that someone or something has influenced you and has given you confidence to do something outstanding. You, my grandparents, are the true definition of inspiration. Your inspiration not only will it help me in my good times and bad, but it will also help my kids in the future. I thank you all and love you both.
Sincerely,
Stashia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment