Pages


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Letter to Me (Paula)

Paula Zarate

If I could write a letter to me, I would go to age five. If I had to prove it was me, I would tell myself to our room and on the bed would be our favorite stuff animal. I would tell myself to make sure I clean the stuff animal well because in a couple years it will get dirty. The new bracelet that grandpa got for us, make sure we ask him to take care of it. Stop annoying mom with the question, “Can I get a Puppy?” because trust me, you will not get one; However, she does buy you a robot one, and it is just as cute. Watch out for what tell you’re friends, the truth always is found. Do not be afraid to wear your favorite color PINK! No one cares whether you like it or not, and the mean girls will eventually start wearing your color.

First grade will be your favorite school year; great things happen. You will move a couple of times, and you will fall in love with the cold weather. Appreciate the cold weather for as long as you can because hot weather is not our favorite. Ignore the middle school drama; they do not end up being your friends anyway.
When you get to high school, it is a different world, new people, different personalities, new experiences. There is one friend I would like to warn you about. If she continues to put you down, just stop talking to her. Try to not get caught up with boys a lot, because you will grades and our mom will not like that. Be prepared in 10th grade to live your dreams, and do not be afraid to speak out.

I should warn you though, life is a rollercoaster, and you can make it an exciting ride, or a dull one. You will find yourself living this quote, “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” Helen Keller. When the door closes, do not force yourself to go back and try to open it. Let it be; there is still one open. Little me reading this letter, I hope you do not get to intimated or scared. When you feel like the world is going to end, it won’t because I am still here writing this letter to you. Just keep in mind that you can be anything you want to be, no matter what people think. You only have one life, and I would for to confront your future with fears with positivity.

Oh, and little me, call your little cousin more often because not everyone gets a full lifetime.

Love,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment